Delectable tarts to impress your dinner guests on the first course!
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1 sheet of ready-rolled puff pastry
- 1 ripe pear
- 30g blue cheese
- 1 egg, beaten.
- 20mL Pukara Estate Fig Balsamic Vinegar
- Place the sugar, cinnamon & vanilla in a pot with 1L of water. Bring to the boil for 4 minutes. Meanwhile, peel the pear and slice the bottom so it stands up straight. Add the pear to the sugar syrup and reduce heat to a gentle simmer and cook for 25 minutes.
- Once cooked remove from heat and slice thinly. Pre-heat oven to 200C degrees, grease a flat baking tray and set it aside. Slice the square of pastry in half for two servings. Roll up the edges of each piece to create a border. Brush with a beaten egg. Arrange the sliced pear over the pastry base. Evenly distribute small pieces of the blue cheese over the pear.
- Bake for 10mins or until golden. Place the tart on a serving plate, drizzle with the Pukara Estate Fig Balsamic Vinegar and serve immediately.