This recipe is inspired by my recent travels to New Orleans where salads certainly ain’t boring. The Pukara Estate Fig Flavoured Balsamic Vinegar is the true star of this dish. Enjoy!
- 3/4 cup Pukara Estate Herb Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Pukara Estate Fig Flavoured Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon of Pukara Estate Pepper and Olive Smoked Salt Flakes
- 5 cups fresh rocket
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 mandarin cut into segments, remove all white pith
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Wash and dry rocket and place in a large serving bowl.
- Toast pine nuts in a small nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Remove from heat when golden brown and add to rocket.
- Add mandarin slices and onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk olive oil, vinegar and mustard until smooth.
- Blend in salt and pepper and pour over salad.
- Toss and enjoy!
If you like this recipe you may also like: