Delighted by a collection of wonderful freshly caught sea creatures I acquired from a foodie friend I concocted this delightful dish. Super quick and easy to cook and wow does it impress with it’s rich sweet sauce.
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 2 Tbsp Pukara Estate Pepper Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Pukara Estate Fig Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 x 410g can of Ardmona Duo tomatoes and paste
- 1 heaped Tsp Pukara Estate Charcoal and Olive Smoked Salt Flakes
- 300g of cleaned fresh mixed seafood of your preference, I used:
• Baby Octopus
• Calamari rings
NOTE: When choosing your seafood clean all shellfish properly and have your seafood portions cut to similar sizes.
- 2 Coriander stalks, leaves separated and stalks finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Galliano Black Sambuca
- 1/4 cup water
- Your choice of fresh or raw pasta, enough for two, cooked and drained
- Bring a large, heavy-based frypan to medium heat and add the Pukara Estate Pepper Extra Virgin Olive Oil onion and garlic stirring until slightly browned.
- Add Pukara Estate Fig Balsamic Vinegar and stir through for about 10 seconds.
- Add Sambuca and stir for 30 seconds to allow it to evaporate a little.
- Add the tomatoes and paste and water and bring to the boil.
- Reduce pan to low-medium heat, add seafood, coriander stalks and Pukara Estate Charcoal and Olive Smoked Salt Flakes and gently stir through. When mussels have all popped open then you know the seafood is cooked. This should take about 8-10 mintues.
- Add in your cooked pasta and serve immediately in deep bowls with some coriander on top to garnish.