When it comes to pairing olive oil and vinegar the French do it best with their invention of the vinaigrette. Enjoy the simple, bright flavours of this vinaigrette tossed with leafy greens as a light side salad.
- 1/2 shallot, finely diced
- 1/2 cup Pukara Estate Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil*
- 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1-2 Tablespoons of Pukara Estate Red Wine Liqueur Vinegar**
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of Pukara Estate Oak Smoked Salt Flakes
- Combine in a large bowl or jar the shallot, Dijon mustard, salt flakes, lemon juice and red wine Liqueur vinegar. Whisk together to combine well.
- Slowly whisk in 1/2 cup of the extra virgin olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Store jar in refrigerator if making ahead and shake well before using.
- Serve with 2 large heads of butter or romaine lettuce that has been washed and dried well. Tear lettuce leaves into bite-sized pieces and toss with dressing.
*Alternate Pukara Extra Virgin Olive Oils to try with this recipe are: Robust Premium, Novello, Garlic, Lemon, Pepper, Truffle and Herb.
**Alternate Pukara Vinegars to try with this recipe are: Barrel-Aged Balsamic, White Balsamic, White White Wine Liqueur & Guava.
If you like this recipe you may also like: