The French are culinary experts with egg, herbs and goat’s curd. Celebrate these french revered ingredients with this lovely side dish recipe.
- 500g green asparagus, trimmed
- 250g fresh goat cheese curd
- 2 tablespoons Pukara Estate Herb Extra Virgin Olive Oil*
- 1 cup mixed fennel fronds, chervil leaves or dill fronds
- Pukara Estate Original Salt Flakes to taste
- 1 Egg
- Trim asparagus spears. Bring water in the bottom of a steamer to a boil. Place the asparagus in the top of the steamer, cover and steam until the asparagus is tender but not soft, about 11 minutes.
- Whisk the goat cheese until it is light. Add the olive oil and whisk until thoroughly incorporated and smooth.
- Mince the herbs and add them into the goat cheese mixture. Season to taste with salt.
- Arrange the asparagus on a platter and pour the sauce over.
- Top with a soft poached egg.
*Substitute with these Pukara Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oils: Premium, Premium Robust, Lemon, Truffle, Novello, Pepper or Garlic.