Make a statement this Christmas with this sweet and sticky glazed ham recipe.
- 5kg ham leg on the bone, smoked, room temperature
- 2 Tbsp Pukara Estate Vanilla & Cinnamon balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Pukara Estate Capsicum & Chilli Jam
- 2 Tbsp of Pukara Estate Verjuice
- 3 Tbps Pukara Estate Macadamia Nut & Chilli Dukkah
- 1 Tbsp whole cloves
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180C.
2. Carefully peel back the skin of the ham using your hands ensuring the fat is kept intact. Using a small knife score a crisscross pattern in the fat. Stud the ham with the cloves and place the ham on a large lined baking tray that fits in your oven (this allows the glaze to soak into the ham).
3. In a small bowl add the balsamic vinegar, jam and verjuice and whisk to combine well.
4. Using a pastry brush, brush the ham liberally with half the glaze. Sprinkle all over the ham with the dukkah.
5. Bake in the oven for 40 minutes checking it every 10 minutes to ensure it does not burn.
6. After 40 minutes brush the remaining glaze over the ham and return to the oven for another 40 minutes, checking it every 10 minutes to ensure it does not burn.
7. Once the glaze is caramelised, remove ham from oven and cover. Allow to rest 15 minutes before carving.
8. Slice and serve.
9. Serve the remaining pan juices in a bowl for dipping.